Romneycare! Get your $50.00 Taxpayer Subsidized Abortions Here!
By: Tricia Erickson, author of the book, Can Mitt Romney Serve Two Masters?
While rhetorician Mitt Romney charms his way through the 2012 Presidential Campaign, he is banking that you will believe what he “says” and not look to what his record demonstrates. “Let’s just focus on how handsome, presidential and how seemingly capable I am”.
Pardon the history lesson here, but isn’t this how we got Barack Obama? If he speaks well (and Mitt does), is attractive (and Mitt is), and comes across as “the one” who can save us all (and he does), he’s electable. Nothing more to see here, move along.
Let us further ignore his abysmal economic record in the state of Massachusetts in which, under his governorship his state placed third highest in population loss in the country and also was in the bottom three in job creation, only above post Katrina Louisiana and Michigan. In the same vein, let’s also ignore his social issues such as his fathering of gay marriage to America, as he enacted same-sex marriage with no law in place requiring him to do so.
You see, when you listen to rhetoric, versus, digging for the facts on a candidate, you may very well be lead to a mistaken conclusion. And the conclusion on life is a strong reason to either vote against, or for, Mitt Romney.
When it comes to the issue of life, maybe Republicans, Independents, Christians and pro-life Democrats have something to hang their hats on, in order to draw the line to say no to Romney.
Mitt Romney signed in to law $50.00 taxpayer subsidized co-paid abortions as a part of a healthcare benefit under his signature accomplishment, Romneycare. Thus, if you are against abortion and you are in the state of Massachusetts, you are funding it because there are no exceptions. Could this be one of the reasons for the mass exodus of citizens leaving the state?
Let’s review the record:
- – On his 1994 campaign flyer, Romney lists “Retain a woman’s right to choose” as one of his foremost matters.
- – In 1994 the Boston Globe also reported Romney’s stance on the RU-486 abortion pill, quoting Romney as saying “I would favor having it available”.
- – During a debate in 1994, Romney stated “I believe that abortion should be safe and legal in this country”. He further stated “I believe that since Roe v. Wade has been the law for 20 years we should sustain and support it”.
- – Romney claimed in 2005 that while he was running for governor in 2002, was “personally pro-life” yet still had a pro-life “conversion” in 2004.
- – After his phony pro-life conversion based on embryonic stem cell research, Mitt stated that such research does not destroy human life, even though he believes life begins at conception and continued to support such research.
- – Mitt instituted a health care program in Massachusetts that included a $50 co-pay for abortion at taxpayer’s expense, after his “pro-life conversion”
- – Mitt gave Planned Parenthood an instrumental role on the policy board in his Massachusetts healthcare plan, after his “pro-life conversion”.
- Mitt appointed a pro-choice judge, Matthew Nestor, to a lifetime appointment on a Massachusetts court, after his “pro-life conversion”.
If Mitt Romney truly had a conversion to the pro-life position, should not his judicial appointments reflect it? Furthermore, Governor Romney did not fill his judicial vacancies when leaving office, unreservedly leaving his liberal predecessor with the honor of making the appointments. If Mitt Romney was even as much as a casual conservative, this dereliction to preserve life in these appointments is completely impeachable.
Even more striking is the claim by MassResistance.org, a website that highly documents the Romney record. According to MassResistance, “Notes taken by key leaders of the nation’s most radical pro-abortion group, the National Abortion Rights Action League (NARAL), reveal that at a 2002 meeting, Romney assured them he would work to soften the GOP stance on abortion and said that the GOP’s pro-life position was ‘killing them”.
Conveniently, right before he was gearing up for a presidential run and needed national Republican support, Romney would have a conversion moment and suddenly become pro-life after examining the stem cell research issue. You do the math.
Tricia Erickson, (a Conservative) was the first Damage Control/Crisis Management Specialist in the country, as stated by Barbara Walters on the show “20/20″. Tricia is also a political consultant and on-air contributor. She has opined on many local and national news and entertainment TV and radio shows/networks. She is also the author of the new book “Can Mitt Romney Serve Two Masters? The Mormon Church Versus The Office Of The Presidency of the United States of America.”
Tricia purposely became less active on-the-air in recent years and has not necessarily sought to participate in on-air interviews. However, because of the concern in her heart that for the first time in history, a prominent Mormon could achieve the Office Of The Presidency, she feels a responsibility to educate the public, both in the US and abroad, regarding what this potential Mormon President could truly mean for America. She is an expert on the well-masked cult of Mormonism and a former Mormon Bishop’s daughter who left the church in her early 20’s.
From a political stand point, she believes it is imperative to reveal the facts on Romney’s political record, in opposition to what the Romney camp will shift the voters to believe in order to achieve the Presidency.
We have by now experienced with the current President Obama what smooth words and entertainment imagery, as opposed to substance, can bring to the highest office in the land. Will we make the same mistake again?
Side note: Some of the issues Tricia has been called to speak to in the past are the dangers of Radical Islam, Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, Mormonism, all things political, the imaging-posturing-positioning of Presidential Candidates, the culture wars and more. Her companies: Crisis Management, Incorporated (crisis management and communications) http://crisismanagementincorporated.com/ and Angel Pictures & Publicity (a political and entertainment publicity and consulting company) http://angelpicturesandpublicity.com/.
For interview, review copy and information requests, please contact Kay at 910-270-0411, KayBellMedia@aol.com.