The Plain Truth About Romney and What He “Did/Does” Versus What He “Says”
America needs to wake up to the truth on Romney before it’s too late. Romney has had many years to strategically develop his rhetoric for the purpose of drawing the American People into believing that he is an authentic pro-family, pro-life, limited government conservative candidate. However, his words do not match his actions, deeds and history.
It is my hope that the media will start reporting the facts and confronting Romney’s misleading posturing and positioning.
Please take the time to go over the following researched information. The facts bear out that this candidate is disingenuous. The way needs to be cleared for an honest, integral and capable candidate because we can’t afford any more Hope And Change, even if it’s cloaked under the Republican banner.
SEE THE FACTS BELOW:
- – Unilaterally, illegally & unconstitutionally instituted same-sex “marriage” falsely claiming the “court ordered him to.”
- – Signed the forerunner to Obamacare (Romneycare) into law which includes $50 tax-subsidized elective surgical abortions including late-term abortions into law (3 years AFTER his fake “pro-life conversion.”)
- – Boosted funding for homosexual “education” starting in kindergarten.
- – Opposes a ban on homosexual scoutmasters.
- – Promised the homosexual Republican “Log Cabin Republicans” he wouldn’t oppose “gay marriage” in return for their endorsement.
- – Instituted a quasi-socialist healthcare plan endorsed by Hillary Clinton, Teddy Kennedy and Planned Parenthood that destroyed the Massachusetts’ economy.
- – Forced Catholic Charities, the nation’s #1 adoption and foster care service to place children with same sex couples even though he was under no legal obligation to do so as even former Governor Michael Dukakis has acknowledged.
- – Increased taxes and fees by close to a billion dollars which destroyed the Massachusetts’ economy and opposed the Bush Tax Cuts.
- – Voted # 8 RINO by Human Events.
- – Passed over Republican lawyers for three quarters of the 36 judicial vacancies he faced and nominated 2 open homosexuals.
- – Criticized Joint Chiefs of Staff, Peter Pace for saying that homosexual acts were “immoral.”
- – Supports passage at the state level of the Employment Non-Discrimination Act which would force churches and other religious organizations to hire homosexuals and transvestites or face criminal fines and prosecution.
- – Romney supported McCain-Feingold “campaign finance reform”, McCain-Kennedy “comprehensive immigration reform” (i.e. amnesty), and parts of the McCain-Lieberman “carbon cap and trade” bill and opposed the Bush Tax Cuts.
In addition, (Source, Tricia Erickson: Can Mitt Romney Serve Two Masters): http://triciaerickson.tumblr.com/
Let’s review his record regarding abortion under Romneycare:
- – On his 1994 campaign flyer, Romney lists “Retain a woman’s right to choose” as one of his foremost matters.
- – In 1994 the Boston Globe also reported Romney’s stance on the RU-486 abortion pill, quoting Romney as saying “I would favor having it available”.
- – During a debate in 1994, Romney stated “I believe that abortion should be safe and legal in this country”. He further stated “I believe that since Roe v. Wade has been the law for 20 years we should sustain and support it”.
- – Romney claimed in 2005 that while he was running for governor in 2002, was “personally pro-life” yet still had a pro-life “conversion” in 2004.
- – After his phony pro-life conversion based on embryonic stem cell research, Mitt stated that such research does not destroy human life, even though he believes life begins at conception and continued to support such research.
- – Mitt instituted a health care program in Massachusetts that included a $50 co-pay for abortion at taxpayer’s expense, after his “pro-life conversion”.
- – Gave Planned Parenthood an instrumental role on the policy board in his Massachusetts healthcare plan, after his “pro-life conversion”.
- – Appointed a pro-choice judge, Matthew Nestor, to a lifetime appointment on a Massachusetts court, after his “pro-life conversion”.
Conveniently, right before he was gearing up for a presidential run and needed national Republican support, Romney experienced a “conversion” moment and suddenly become pro-life after examining the stem cell research issue. You do the math.
Romney can run from his Bain record, but he cannot fudge the mediocre, if not dismal, record he earned in Massachusetts.
- – Under Governor Romney, Massachusetts rated in the bottom 4 of all states, barely above post-Katrina and Michigan, in job creation. (Labor dept. stats)
- – Under Romney’s governorship, the national average growth of output of goods and services was 13%. Romney’s output only grew 9%. (Reuters)
- – Romney raised corporate taxes (Widmer, president of MA Taxpayers Foundation)
- – Massachusetts placed, under Mitt’s Governorship, in the top 3 for population loss among states. (For the good of Illinois) http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:pZKBNvTYyQUJ:forthegoodofillinois.org/blog/politics/2011/07/don%E2%80%99t-let-the-mainstream-media-pick-our-president/+Romney+Massachusetts+top+3+population+loss&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com and Andrew Sum, director of the Center for Labor Market Studies at Northeastern University, LA times: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:b5lVh_ZsRxQJ:articles.latimes.com/2011/jul/10/nation/la-na-adv-romney-jobs-20110709+Romney+Massachusetts+population+loss,+la+times&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com
- – According to the National Association of State Budget Officers (NASBO), under Romney, spending in the Bay State rose 20.7 percent Government bytes: http://blog.ntu.org/main/post.php?post_id=3541=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=6b0bc32c2d61c508&biw=1159&bih=667
- – Governor Romney did NOT support the Bush Tax Cuts
- – The Governor raised fees and taxes seven times during his tenure, which earned him the nickname of “Fee Fee” and increased 57 fees while creating 33 new ones.
- – Romney also, during a fiscal crisis in his state, imposed a 2 cent per-gallon gasoline fee, imposed an internet sales tax and legislated to facilitate the local governments within his state to raise business property taxes (while claiming that he would not “raise taxes)
How can Mitt even attempt to defend Romneycare? Under RomneyCare:
- – By March, 2009, employer backed premiums were the highest in the nation
- – By 2009, the average expense for family coverage was over $15,000.00
- – Peter Robinson on Forbes.com reported “In the last two years alone, spending on free and subsidized plans for low-income citizens of the bay state has doubled from $630 million in 2007 to an estimated 1.3 billion this year”
- – Grace-Marie Turner, President of the Galen Institute wrote in the Wall Street Journal in March 2010 “While Massachusetts’ uninsured rate has dropped to around 3%, 68% of the newly insured since 2006 receive coverage that is heavily or completely subsidized by taxpayers. While Mr. Romney insisted that everyone should pay something for coverage that is not the way his plan has turned out. More than half of the 408,000 newly insured residents pay nothing, according to a February 2010 report by the Massachusetts Health Connector, the state’s insurance exchange”.
- – The wait to see primary care physicians for new patients rose to 44 days with some doctors refusing to accept new patients and the wait time to see specialists rose to roughly 50 days. Emergency rooms visits increased due to lack of availability to expediently see doctors.
Romney may look the part, even appear as the white horse set to save the republic, but underneath the surface, he’s no conservative. He’s not even a Republican. He is a façade’ poised to say or do anything to win the Office of the Presidency.
And trust me, there IS an agenda!
NOTE: The above information is just a glimpse at the labyrinth of vetted information that the American People need to know before going to the voting booth. (This and more is in my researched and documented book, “Can Mitt Romney Serve Two Masters?”. It can be a tremendous resource for the press.)
About the author:
Former Mormon Bishop’s Daughter and Political Commentator Reveals Real Story on Mitt Romney in New Book!
Tricia Erickson, (a conservative) was the first Damage Control/Crisis Management Specialist in the country, as stated by Barbara Walters on the show “20/20”. Tricia is also a political consultant and on-air contributor. She has opined on many local and national news and entertainment TV and radio shows/networks. She is also the author of the new book “Can Mitt Romney Serve Two Masters? The Mormon Church Versus The Office Of The Presidency of the United States of America.”
Tricia purposely became less active on-the-air in recent years and has not necessarily sought to participate in on-air interviews. However, because of the concern in her heart that for the first time in history, a prominent Mormon could achieve the Office Of The Presidency, she feels a responsibility to educate the public, both in the US and abroad, regarding what this potential Mormon President could truly mean for America. She is an expert on the well-masked cult of Mormonism and a former Mormon Bishop’s daughter who left the church in her mid 20’s.
From a political stand point, she believes it is imperative to reveal the facts on Romney’s political record, in opposition to what the Romney camp will shift the voters to believe in order to achieve the Presidency.
Side note: Some of the issues Tricia has been called to speak to in the past are the dangers of Radical Islam, Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, Mormonism, all things political, the imaging-posturing-positioning of Presidential Candidates, the culture wars and more. Her companies: Crisis Management, Incorporated (crisis management and communications) http://crisismanagementincorporated.com/ and Angel Pictures & Publicity (a political and entertainment publicity and consulting company) http://angelpicturesandpublicity.com/. Other: http://rwnetwork.net/Tricia_Erickson
Here’s Your Record on Romney Flip-Flops..for your records https://theconservativepundit.net/2011/09/heres-your-record-on-romney-flip-flops-for-your-records/
Mitt Romney Is A Devout Member Of A Historically Racist Church https://theconservativepundit.net/2011/09/mitt-romney-is-a-devout-member-of-a-historically-racist-church/
Thom Hartmann & Tricia Erickson: Mitt Romney and the Mormon Chruch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2O_e7gDm1c