By Colonel Mike Angley
“Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction.” ~President Ronald Reagan
Twenty-two months ago, I penned two companion op-eds. The Democrat Party’s Long, Violent History of Racism chronicled how the Democrat Party owns the history of racism in America, oftentimes resorting to domestic terrorism to propagate its hatred.
- All black slaves were Democrat owned.
- Democrats fought the Civil War to keep their slaves, only to be vanquished by a Republican President.
- Democrats voted against the 13th Amendment abolishing slavery. Republicans passed it.
- Democrats voted against the 14th Amendment granting equal rights to all, including former slaves. Republicans passed it.
- Democrats voted against the 15th Amendment giving African-Americans the right to vote. Republicans passed it.
- Democrats organized the Ku Klux Klan as their terror arm to suppress the black vote and to attack Republicans who supported civil rights.
- Democrats created Jim Crow laws in the south to oppress African-Americans.
- Democrats filibustered the 1960s Civil Rights Act. Republicans passed it.
I could go on and on and on.
In the companion piece, The American Left’s Historical Embrace of Violence, I expanded upon the left’s racism and discussed how it resorts to viciousness when it either loses elections or wants to foment unrest over political issues. We’ve seen many examples of this over the last few years:
- Black Lives Matter (BLM) called for killing cops, only to be rewarded with visits to the White House to meet Barack Obama.
- Leftists attacked then-Candidate Donald Trump supporters at his campaign rallies.
- Widespread rioting and assaults in the streets followed his election.
- Antifa became the Democrat Party’s new domestic terror army, this time swapping out their white robes and hoods with black clothing and black scarves.
- Violent protests followed the confirmation of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.
Democrat Party Manifesto
As I mentioned previously, when the left loses elections fair and square, it seeks to overturn the ballot box by wildings in the streets.
The Democrat Party is aligned politically with its extreme cousins: socialism, communism, and Marxism, all with their own history of murder, revolution, rioting, assaults, bombings, terror, reeducation camps, gulags, and the like. It should be no surprise that the Democrat Party would give dog whistle approval to mob violence in America. It certainly has done that either by omission or commission, giving a wink or a nod when its base erupts in mob aggression.
But lately, it’s become more direct and vocal. Now the Party leadership itself makes direct calls for violence, dropping any pretense of civility or plausible deniability.
- Former Marxist-in-Chief Barack Obama once infamously proclaimed about Republicans, “If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun.”
- Apparently, the only time he’s okay with gun ownership is when they are in the hands of violent leftists…or his security detail.
- Congresswoman Maxine Waters exhorted the left to get in the faces of Trump’s cabinet and staff in public places, to make them feel uncomfortable, unwelcome.
- Former Presidential Candidate Hillary Clinton called for an end to civility and for ‘tougher’ unrest until Democrats retake power.
- News tip for Hillary: Your party has been uncivil since before the Civil War.
- Former Attorney General Eric Holder, referring to Republicans said, “When they go low we kick them!”
Do leftists ignore the calls from Democrat Party Bosses to engage in violence or do they listen, salute smartly, and take up arms?
Just ask Congressman Steve Scalise (R-LA) who was gunned down in September 2017 by a whackadoodle supporter of Bernie Sanders (a Democrat-Socialist, in case you were wondering).
Representative Scalise recently authored his own op-on on this very same subject, and in it he chronicled how the leftwing base has responded to the Democrat Party’s clarion call for violence. Here’s some of his list:
- Ashley Kavanaugh, Justice Brett Kavanaugh’s wife and his daughters received multiple credible threats.
- Dana Loesch, NRA spokeswoman, received death threats against her children on Twitter.
- Diane Black, R-TN., received such a threatening phone call that the man has now been indicted.
- Jamie Gardner, wife of Sen. Cory Gardner, R-CO., wife, received a text of a beheading after the vote to confirm Justice Kavanaugh.
- Several Republican Senators had their personal information, including home addresses, posted to Wikipedia for threatening purposes by a Democrat House staffer.
- Congressman Clay Higgins (R-LA) received threatening phone calls that led to a man’s arrest.
- Rand Paul, R-KY., and his wife Kelly Paul have both received credible threats that have led to arrests.
- Ted Cruz, R-TX, and his wife, as well as White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee-Sanders, were chased out of restaurants.
- Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen was confronted by protesters and harassed out of a DC restaurant.
- Rudy Peters, a Republican California Congressional candidate, was nearly stabbed while campaigning.
- My office has continued to receive threats against my life that have led to arrests.
- A female pro-life activist was violently assaulted by a man that has now been found guilty of eight counts of assault for this and similar incidents.
I once had a college professor who frequently stated, “All consequences have antecedents.” In other words, for every tragic outcome, historians could trace back through time and discover the causes leading up to it.
Today, we are witnessing antecedents in action, and we have the rare opportunity to head off the consequences and write history on different, more peaceful terms.
I am convinced we are seeing something much darker than the seeds of a new civil war as some have suggested. We’re witnessing the beginnings of a Marxist revolution. If we don’t get out in front of it, that’s where we may end up. The solution lies in tough law enforcement and an armed citizenry.
Government has a duty and responsibility to provide for the public safety, but it doesn’t always do so. In Portland, OR, following Justice Kavanaugh’s confirmation, Antifa took over the reigns of power while the police stood by and watched. In fact, it almost appeared as if the police were there to guard the mob as it engaged in traffic control, assaults, and other attacks on private citizens.
That’s unconscionable. Hold your elected officials accountable.
I urge President Trump and Attorney General Sessions to investigate the leadership of the Democrat Party who actively call for violence and unrest. Prosecute them. The FBI was once active in the infiltration of the KKK. I certainly hope it does the same today with Antifa and BLM.
For the rest of us, we have the 2nd Amendment: “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” In our modern time of threat, the key words in the amendment are “security of the free state.”
The Democrat Party, Antifa, and the tormented left don’t want a free state. They want totalitarian government control and ownership of you and your property, and an end to your freedom.
I don’t encourage violence but I do endorse self-defense. Defend yourselves, your families, your property, and your freedom. We just may be starting to witness that one generation separation between us and our freedom as the Gipper once so famously warned.
We have a chance to turn it around now. We have a chance to ensure the continued “security of the free state.” But only one chance.
Colonel Michael (“Mike”) Angley is retired from the United States Air Force, a published thriller author, and a conservative writer who fashions himself as Attila the Hun with a laptop. Mike wrote for Andrew Breitbart’s Big Government and Big Peace blogs before the Breitbart consolidation, receiving superb feedback and kudos for typically weaving in pop culture references with his far right perspectives. He enjoys writing about military affairs, national security issues, and politics and is an avid Second Amendment advocate. When he’s not writing, he’s busy annoying liberals with FaceBook posts and Twitter tweets that point out the obvious flaws and fallacies of the left.
During his 26-year USAF career, the Colonel was a Special Agent with the Office of Special Investigations (OSI). The OSI is a sister agency to the Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) and has an identical mission that includes felony-level criminal, fraud, and narcotics investigations as well as counterintelligence and counterterrorism operations. His USAF experiences spanned multiple regions around the globe with five command assignments and duties at foreign, regional, theater and national levels.
He is a seasoned counterintelligence and counterespionage officer from the Cold War era, and if you ask him he’ll tell you the spy-vs-spy days were indeed the heady, glory era of espionage. During the latter half of his career he focused on counterterrorism missions in the Middle East and the Far East and operationalized many of today’s concepts for this unique arena while working the sand dunes of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and a few other “choice” locations. When Colonel Angley retired in 2007, he was a Senior Supervisory Special Agent and was in command of all worldwide OSI matters at Air Force Space Command in Colorado Springs, CO.
Mike Angley is also a published, award-winning author of three thriller novels in the “Child Finder” trilogy. His debut novel, “Child Finder,” received a glowing review from the Library Journal which placed it on its Summer Reading list in 2009. “Child Finder” and its companion sequel novels all won various awards from the Military Writers Society of America (MWSA) and the Public Safety Writers Association. In 2012, Mike was named MWSA’s “Author of the Year,” largely for work on his third novel, “Child Finder: Revelation.”
As an avid user of social media, Mike can be found and friended on Facebook (mike.angley) and followed on Twitter (@MikeAngley). His website is www.mikeangley.com. Following his USAF retirement, Mike and his family stayed in Colorado Springs, CO where they enjoy daily, majestic views of Pikes Peak and the Rocky Mountains.