Originally posted with the title “Mitt Romney WILL Become The Next Senator Of Utah”
By Tricia Erickson
Mitt Romney is still licking his wounds from losing to Obama in 2012. So what is there left to do in his endless quest for power and a possible re-run for POTUS? Well…become a senator, of course. But, does anyone care about his deplorable performance record?
Romney’s record as Governor of Massachusetts:
- In 2002, Romney refused to sign a no new taxes pledge while running for governor.
- Under Romney, Massachusetts was in the BOTTOM THREE OF THE NATION FOR JOB CREATION, only above post-Katrina Louisiana and Michigan
- Massachusetts ranked third highest for population loss in a state
- According to the National Association of State Budget Officers (NASBO), under Romney, spending in the Bay State rose 20.7 percent (Government bytes)
- Romney raised corporate taxes
- As Governor, Romney raised taxes and fees seven times by multi-millions of dollars to the tax payer and increased 57 fees while creating 33 new ones, earning him the nick name of “Fee Fee”
- Romney also, during a fiscal crisis in his state, imposed a 2 cent per-gallon gasoline fee, imposed an internet sales tax and legislated to facilitate the local governments within his state to raise business property taxes, while claiming that he would not “raise taxes”, He also raised local property taxes, created an Internet sales tax and raised business property taxes.
Under Massachusetts RomneyCare:
- By March, 2009, employer backed premiums were the highest in the nation
- By 2009, the average expense for family coverage was over $15,000.00
- Peter Robinson on Forbes.com reported “In the last two years alone, spending on free and subsidized plans for low-income citizens of the bay state has doubled from $630 million in 2007 to an estimated 1.3 billion this year”
- The wait to see primary care physicians for new patients rose to 44 days with some doctors refusing to accept new patients and the wait time to see specialists rose to roughly 50 days. Emergency rooms visits increased due to lack of availability to expediently see doctors
- 55,000 illegal immigrants received more than $93 million in Massachusetts Health benefits for emergency medical services in just one year
- Caused Massachusetts to employ between 15,551 and 21,422 fewer people and slowed growth of disposable income (Thomas R. Eddlem study)
- The Washington Times, August 2007: “As governor, Mr. Romney wielded control over a significant budget and oversaw three cities that were proud of their designation as ‘sanctuary cities:’ Yet as governor, he recommended millions of dollars in state funding of them and made no attempt to force these cities to change their policies.”
Romney’s record on abortion:
- Romney was “PRO CHOICE” in 1994, 2002, 2005 and 2006. He was “PRO LIFE” in 2001, 2004, 2006 and now, of course, prolife for the purposes of being elected as our next Republican President
- On his 1994 campaign flyer, Romney lists “Retain a woman’s right to choose” as one of his foremost matters.
- In 1994 the Boston Globe also reported Romney’s stance on the RU-486 abortion pill, quoting Romney as saying “I would favor having it available”
- During a debate in 1994, Romney stated “I believe that abortion should be safe and legal in this country”. He further stated “I believe that since Roe v. Wade has been the law for 20 years we should sustain and support it”
- Mitt singed in to law $50 tax funded co-pay abortions as a “healthcare benefit” under his RomneyCare
- Gave Planned Parenthood an instrumental role on the policy board in his Massachusetts healthcare plan, after his “pro-life conversion”
- Appointed a pro-choice judge, Matthew Nestor, to a lifetime appointment on a Massachusetts court, after his “pro-life conversion”
- Mitt appointed a pro-choice judge to a lifetime appointment on a MA court AFTER his “pro-life conversion”
- Romney gave Planned Parenthood an instrumental role on the policy board in his Massachusetts healthcare plan after his “pro-life conversion”
- Mitt awarded a MA district court judgeship to Stephen Albany part of the MA Lesbian & Gay Bar Association & activist to repeal sodomy laws
- According to the Boston Globe: Romney passed over GOP lawyers for three quarters of the 36 judicial vacancies he faced as governor, instead, tapping registered Democrats or independents, including two gay lawyers who supported same sex rights
- Mitt Romney was the “Father of Gay Marriage to America”
- Romney in 1994: Romney’s letter to Log Cabin Republicans: “As we seek to establish full equality for America’s gay and lesbian citizens, I will provide more effective leadership than my opponent”
- 1994: Romney informed the Log Cabin Club that he favors ENDA
- Bay Windows: “Do you support the Protection of Marriage Amendment?”, Romney: “No, because it would outlaw domestic partner benefits for same-sex couples”
- Mitt simply “paid back” the Log Cabin Republicans for their instrumental role in getting him elected to the governorship, by purposely looking the other way so that gay marriage could be forced on to Massachusetts, and ultimately the United States of America. There is no law on the books in MA to this day that legalizes gay marriage.
- Romney increased funding for the homosexual indoctrination of children in Massachusetts schools
- Romney’s policies caused Catholic adoptions centers to close down, rather than to turn innocent children over to gay couples.
Romney’s liberal record:
- Romney did not support the Bush Tax Cuts
- “Almost five years after he refused to sign a ‘no new taxes’ pledge during his campaign for governor, Mitt Romney announced yesterday that he had done just that, as his campaign for the 2008 Republican presidential nomination began in earnest.” (Boston Globe, January 2007)
- Romney in 1994: on his support of the Brady Bill and an assault weapons ban: “That’s not going to make me the hero of the NRA”. Also at a campaign stop “I don’t line up with the NRA”
Serving his country?
- Mitt received 3 draft deferments from the Viet Nam War to serve as a Mormon Missionary to draw people to the Mormon cult, nothing more, nothing patriotic. He did NOT serve his country!
- Romney siphoned an estimated $1.5 billion out of the U.S. Treasury, all in the name of the Olympics. This was more than all US Olympic games together
- Romney reaped more than $1.5 million in campaign funds during his governorship from individuals and families with ties to the Olympics
Mitt Romney has not recovered from his 2008 and 2012 campaign losses. True to form, I believe that Liberal Romney is regrouping to possibly run an effort against Donald Trump from within the senate.
Tricia Erickson is a notable political commentator and frequent on-air contributor to major prime-time television and cable networks such as FOX News, CNN, MSNBC, numerous radio stations across the country, and a variety of international online podcasts.
Some of the issues she has been requested to speak to Americans about have been the dangers of radical Islam, gay marriage, Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, the well-masked cult of Mormonism, media bias, the imaging-posturing-positioning of Presidential candidates, insiders view of Hollywood, ethics in the media, the culture wars, and all things political.
Tricia Erickson is not only an influential political commentator and the publisher of The Conservative Pundit website, she is an enterprising businesswoman with a long and successful career as a major motion picture casting director, crisis management specialist, and publicity and image consultant communications expert who is devoted to optimizing the promotion of the conservative and Christian views of her client’s causes through a wide range of mainstream media broadcast venues and online social networks.