Dr. Richard Amerling, MD, is a nephrologist practicing in New York City. He is the Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine for the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital.
Dr. Richard Amerling studied medicine at the Catholic University of Louvain in Belgium, graduating cum laude in 1981. He completed a medical residency at the New York Hospital Queens and a nephrology fellowship at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
Dr. Richard Amerling has written and lectured extensively on health care issues and is currently the President of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons. He is the author of the Physicians’ Declaration of Independence.
Dr. Richard Amerling’s position on Obama’s healthcare reform:
ObamaCare, beyond the enormous costs and dislocations, directly inserts itself into the doctor-patient relationship. It will make the practice of Hippocratic Medicine— “I will prescribe regimen for the good of my patients according to my ability and my judgment. I will keep them from harm and injustice.”—all but impossible.
Dr. Richard Amerling gives Dr. Gina Loudon the facts on Ebola in October 2014.
Recent Articles by Dr. Richard Amerling:
- Obama’s Reckless Refugee Program Mirrors his Ebola Policy
- Missing From the Debate Over The Medicare SGR: Sanity
- ACOs Are the Latest Assault on Private Medical Practice
- Post-Midterm Obamacare Prognosis: Hold the Champagne
- The Deadly Politicization of Ebola
- If You Want to Live, Ignore the CDC
- Why Accountable Care Organizations Are Failing
- Obamacare could mean Veterans Administration for all
- Bumps in the Road vs Independent Medical Profession
- For Affordable Protection Opt Out of Obamacare
- Accountable Care Organization Pioneers
- Physicians Declaration of Independence
- Why Care Under Affordable Care Act Will be Unaffordable
- Healthcare Bill Physician Experts available to speak on Supreme Court ruling and surrounding issues
- The Clouded Utopian Vision for Healthcare Ignores Reality