Marianne Clyde, award winning therapist and business person, is an expert in Mental Health in the workplace. Speaking to businesses and associations about empowerment, team building and relationship networking, she is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, in practice for over 27 years, energizing speaker and dauntless world traveler. She lived in Japan for over 8 years and has spent time in at least 20 developing countries, teaching about recovery from trauma, personal empowerment and interpersonal relationships.
She has met with child soldiers, amputees and rebel army leaders in Sierra Leone, visited with victims of rape as a weapon of war in the Democratic Republic of Congo, taught doctoral students in Afghanistan about the effects of stress on mental health and spoken to large gatherings in Pakistan after visiting with earthquake victims in the Northwest Frontier. After partnering with the former Ambassador from Malawi to Japan, to establish village maize gardens and other projects, the Ambassador had this to say, “Marianne is an excellent trauma counselor, networker, change agent and revolutionary. Through her initiatives, the poor children and women of Malawi have realized new lives. Child mortality has been mitigated by the provision of clean borehole water. Hospitals are no longer overcrowded by children who were admitted due to hookworms. School going rates have doubled as no child is soaked while at school. In return Malawian women call Marianne ANAPHIRI meaning a woman from the great clan.”
She has written and published numerous articles, appeared on radio and television worldwide, commenting on topics ranging from gun violence to having a happy marriage. Host and producer of her own TV shows, she has also hosted a call in radio show and has produced Moments of Mindfulness Meditation CD.
After launching 2 best-selling books, Peaceful Parenting: 10 Essential Principles and Un-Leashed: Practical Steps to Get Your Life Unstuck, she has now released her most powerful book to date, Zentivity™: How to Eliminate Chaos, Stress and Discontent in Your Workplace. As chaos, reactivity and polarization reign, whether your workplace is in politics, business or home, she recognizes and advocates for mental health in the workplace. She encourages readers to establish a strong internal locus of control, so as not to get knocked off balance by the winds of opinion, changes in the economy or upheaval in politics. Only then, she asserts, can you truly make the changes that need to be made. Only then, can you even begin to be the leader you are called to be.
Marianne is the founder of the Marianne Clyde Center for Holistic Psychotherapy, in Warrenton, VA, and the founder of Be the Change Foundation, empowering and equipping women in need to build successful home-based businesses.
Recent Article Postings by Marianne:
- Women Who Make History: Are You One of Them?
- Is The Sexual Harassment Debacle A Good Thing Or A Bad Thing?
- Your Holiday Stress Has Nothing to do With Your Mother-in-Law
- Are We Being Propagandized? How To Resist Getting Sucked In
- The Way of the Leader
- Murder is Not Caused by Guns or Trucks, But by Our Thinking
- Horrified, Angry and Shaken to the Bone? How You Can Find Peace Again
- Will We Never Feel Safe Again? 4 Things That Will Help
- Stress: 3 Ways to Keep it From Killing You
- It’s National Mental Health Awareness Week – Here’s Why This Is A Big Deal For Employers
- When Disaster Strikes, Here are 5 Things to Help You Through
- What Messes With Your Zen?
- Note to Congress: Don’t Panic!
- So What if You Can’t Take a Mental Health Day?
- The Truth About Cleaning a Swamp (It’s Messy)